Maybe it's the camp girl in me, or maybe it's because I clicked with Elianna and Zach from the very start, but this will always be a particularly special wedding to me. If I started sharing everything beautiful and heartfelt about this wedding, we'd be here all night. Instead, I've made a list of my top ten favorite parts:
1. The wedding was held at the family of the bride's camp, Medomak Family Camp in Washington, ME.
2. A blue checker cab whisked the couple around from location to location throughout the day.
3. The groom and his groomsmen arrived to the lakeside ceremony on a pontoon boat. (Despite some technical difficulties.)
4. Elianna and Zach sang their vows to each other. Adam Sandler's "I Want To Grow Old With You" from The Wedding Singer, to be specific.
5. Their dog Ziggy graced the ceremony, and even wore a collar of flowers around her neck.
6. Flaming Lips lyrics were one of two readings during the ceremony.
7. "Sadie The Bar Car" parked outside of the barn, serving drinks from the front, and freshly shucked oysters from the side during the cocktail hour and through the night.
8. The dancing commenced so quickly, and so enthusiastically, that I was about 99% sure we were going to break through the barn floor.
9. The mother-of-the-bride reached out to every guest, and encouraged them to bring their denim jackets to surprise notoriously denim-loving Zach and Elianna. I took them outside "for sunset photos" and when we got back in, everyone had taken their jackets out of hiding and thrown them on. It was the cutest.
10. Every guest, every family member, every vendor, and the bride and groom were beaming the entire day. It makes for an easy job, doesn't it?
Elianna and Zach- all my best and love to you two! I'll keep my fingers crossed that a move to Maine is in your future!